How do I get a copy of my tax return and W-2?

You will get a copy of your return at the completion of your filing. You can either get a hard copy or an electronic pdf copy. Tax Mart strives to be a Green Firm and reduce paper consumption. We will print a filing copy for free, and will charge a Printing Fee of $10 per additional copy of your return printed thereafter. Since we close during parts of the year, we strongly recommend you get an electronic copy of your tax return so that you have access to it all the time.

Otherwise, if you filed your tax return with the IRS, you can request a photocopy of your return, or a computer transcript (a line-by-line listing) of the information on your tax return. Photocopies and transcripts can be obtained at no cost from the IRS. You need to sign up for a free account at www.irs.gov, Get My Transcripts Online. The process is only 10-15 minutes and once that account is set up, you will have access to your tax returns going back 5 years.


Your employer is required to mail your completed Form W-2 (copies B, C, and 2) showing your compensation and tax withholding amounts for the calendar year by January 31 of the following year. If you do not receive your W-2 by January 31, then contact your employer to confirm your address and find out when the form was mailed. If you still have not received your W-2 by February 16, then you can call the IRS for assistance at 1-800-829-1040. An IRS representative will complete a W-2 complaint on Form 4598, Form W-2, or 1099 Not Received or Incorrect. We will then file your taxes using a substitute W2.

How do I get started?

Sign up for a free secure client portal or download our mobile app so that you can exchange your tax information securely with us. You also must also complete our Tax Organizer which you can find on this website under Taxpayers. We can file your taxes professionally without you having to take time off your busy schedule for an office visit. This allows us to file taxes for any taxpayer in any state in the USA. Before the return is efiled, we review it with you and get your signatures electronically.

For clients who require a face to face filing experience, our main office is in Dallas, TX, and we have a sub location in Plano at the Frisco boarder in TX. Appointments are available for convenience and walk ins are very welcome. Make sure to bring the following materials to your tax interview:

  • Wage statements (Form W-2)
  • Pension, or retirement income (1099-Rs)
  • Social Security card(s) and correct birthdays for every person listed on the tax return
  • Driver's license(s)
  • Last year's tax return if you filed elsewhere
  • Information on education expenses
  • Commissions received and/or paid
  • Sales of stocks and/or bonds
  • Self-employed business income and expenses
  • Lottery and/or gambling winnings and losses
  • State refund amount
  • Social Security and/or unemployment income
  • Income and expenses from rentals
  • Alimony paid or received
  • Record of purchase or sale of real estate
  • Medical and dental expenses
  • Real estate and personal property taxes
  • Estimated taxes or foreign taxes paid
  • Cash and non-cash charitable donations
  • Mortgage or home equity loan interest paid (1098)
  • Unreimbursed employment-related expenses
  • Job-related educational expenses
  • Childcare expenses and provider information

How much do you charge to prepare and file my taxes?

Our fees are based on the complexity of your tax return. Complex tax returns take longer to prepare, so fees are higher. You will be made aware of your fees and the different filing options available before the return is efiled.

A Retainer is required for Tax preparation of returns which we consider not simple and it is nonrefundable.

1040EZ / 1040A - no deposit required

A Guaranteed Estimate is $50.00 and when we file the tax return, that becomes part of your fees. Guaranteed Estimates take almost the same time as preparing your taxes, that is why we have to charge for it.

Free Estimates are provided as quick calculations and do not reflect in any way your tax refund or liability.


Review of up to two (2) Prior Years of your Previously Filed Tax Returns during our slow time, no purchase or amendments required

Please Note: If we find you additional money, our fees will be $150 per return or 10 percent whichever is the highest. Review of the current year to be filed, unfiled, or unprepared tax returns are not available for complimentary review as they ae considered a Guaranteed Estimate, and are subject to a $50.00 Review Fee for each year.

One (1) hour review of your specific situation and needs - no purchase required

Where is the nearest office to prepare and file my taxes?

call us at 972-763-0528 or toll free 1-888-763-4tax if outside the USA. Our friendly staff will answer any questions you have right over the phone, and they can quickly set up an appointment for your tax interview in person or electronically.

Our business hours are listed under the Contact tab. You can us toll-free Office at 972-763-0528. We are open evening and weekend hours for your convenience.

When will I receive my refund money?

Tax Mart offers several customer refund and loan options to satisfy a wide range of customer needs. Choose from any of the following options:

IRS Direct.

Receive your refund directly from the IRS within 14-21 days if you authorize the IRS to directly deposit your refund to your bank account.


if you choose to receive your refund by standard mail, it can take 21-28 days or longer.

With these two options, the tax preparation fees are paid upfront in cash, or by credit or debit card.

Assisted Direct Deposit or Assisted Check

No Money for Our Fees-No Problem! There is no Out of Pocket. Our Fees are paid when Refund is Paid and are deducted from the refund.

With this product you may choose to have your federal and state tax refunds (less tax preparation and other related fees) deposited directly into your personal bank account. Your refund balance will usually be deposited in your bank account in approximately 7-14 days.

The Refund Advance Loan is available upon qualification at the time of filing.

What is a Tax Mart loan?

A Tax Mart Loan is offered in throughout the year outside tax filing season, and provides Tax Mart customers with verifiable employment and a checking account and/or car title, a loan of up to $1000 less fees. Non-clients who are customer referrals with verifiable employment and a checking account can also apply for a loan of up to $500, less fees. No out-of-pocket fees apply. Purchase of tax preparation services is not required.

How do I update my personal information?

To update your personal information for purposes of withholding, you should use Form W-4, Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate. If you get married or divorced, if a child is born, or if you no longer can claim a child as a dependent, you will need to complete a new Form W-4. Employers must give you a Form W-4 to complete when you start work. You can also request a Form W-4 from your employer at any time to reflect a change in your tax situation. Tax Mart will assist you in updating your W4 at no charge.

How can I participate in the Refer-A-Friend program?

Tax mart will pay between $25 and $50 for every new customer* referred. That customer must pay the full non-discounted tax preparation fee for you to receive the money. Simply fill in a Refer-A-Friend coupon at your local Tax Mart office, or print your Referral Coupon at www.yourtaxmart.com, or just call us to let us know you have sent a new client our way.

* A new customer is anyone who has never had his or her taxes prepared by Tax Mart

Am I eligible for Earned Income Credit (EIC)?

Basic Rules

To qualify for EIC, you must meet each of the following requirements:

  • You must have earned income.
  • Your modified adjusted gross income (AGI) must be under the specified limits.
  • You cannot be the qualifying child of another person or be claimed as a dependent on another return.
  • If qualifying children are used for the credit, the children must have lived with you in the United States for more than six months (for all of 2012 if a foster child).
  • You (and your spouse if filing a joint return) must have a Social Security number.
  • You must include on your return the Social Security number of each person you claim as a qualifying child on Schedule EIC, Earned Income Credit. ITINs do not qualify.
  • Filing Status cannot be Married Filing Separately.
  • You must have lived in the United States for more than half of 2012. Members of the military on extended active duty outside the United States are in the United States during the duty period.
  • If you do not have qualifying children, then you must be at least age 25, but under age 65 at the end of 2012. You must not have filed Form 2555, Foreign Earned Income, or Form 2555-EZ, Foreign Earned Income Exclusion. Your qualifying child must not be the qualifying child of someone whose adjusted gross income is greater than yours is.

Generally, persons with more than $2,650 of disqualifying income (i.e., interest, dividends, net income from rents, net capital gain, and net passive income that is not self-employment income) will not get the Earned Income Credit. Certain losses from self-employment and rental activities, as well as tax-exempt interest and amounts received as pensions, annuities, and from Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) not already included in income, are added back to the adjusted gross income, which may disqualify or reduce the Earned Income Credit.

Even if you are not required to file a return because you did not earn enough last year, you may still qualify for the Earned Income Credit. But to get the credit, you must file a return and be able to meet all the rules.

The definition for foster child has been changed for tax years after 1999:

An "eligible foster child" for Earned Income Credit and Child Tax Credit is an individual who:

Is a brother, sister, stepbrother, or stepsister of the taxpayer (or the descendant of any such relative) or is placed with the taxpayer by an authorized placement agency.


The taxpayer cares for the child as the taxpayer's own child.


She/he has the same principal place of abode as the taxpayer for at least 6 full months during the taxable year.

Investment income must be $3,200 or less for the year.

For more information on whether a child qualifies you for EITC, see Publication 596, Chapter 2, Rules If You Have a Qualifying Child.

Tax Mart will calculate the credit and prepare the proper forms based on the information you provide.

Am I eligible for a Renter's Rebate?

You may be able to claim a Renter's Rebate in your state if your income does not exceed certain limits and other conditions are met. Requirements vary from state to state. Contact your state's Department of Revenue to find out how to qualify for this rebate.

What does the Tax Mart Basic Accuracy Guarantee cover?

Each tax return prepared at Tax Mart Tax Service comes with our Basic Accuracy Guarantee. Your local Tax Mart office will reimburse you for any penalties and interest charged by the IRS if a Tax Mart agent makes an error preparing your return. In addition, a representative from the local Tax Mart office will explain to the IRS at no additional cost, how your return was prepared if required. It's one more way you Get more in return from Tax Mart.

What does the Audit Maintenance Pro cover?

Audit Maintenance Pro covers the additional tax liability over and above what the return shows because of an error of a customer's individual federal, state and local tax returns, up to a cumulative total of $2, 500.

Audit Maintenance Pro does not apply to claims outside the definition of those covered under this program and also does not apply to situations in which: (i) the customer provided incorrect or incomplete information to us ; (ii) the customer's tax refund was reduced or not received as a result of a tax lien, judgment, support order, unpaid student or government related loans, back taxes, or any other collection activity; (iii) the customer had actual knowledge that additional tax would be owed on or before the date of acceptance of this Audit Maintenance Pro; (iv) the customer was unable to produce sufficient or appropriate records to support their tax position before the IRS; (v) the customer failed to timely file the tax return or pay the taxes shown as owing on such return.


Days until April 17

Latest News

© Tax Mart 2021, 13021 Coit Road, Suite 98, Dallas, TX 75240
T: (972) 763-0528 F: (972) 763-0529 E: customerservice@yourtaxmart.com
Frisco Satellite Office: WeWork @ Legacy North Lone Star , Ste 02-103 Plano, TX 75024
Connect: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter Google+
Links: Search Site Map Privacy Policy Disclaimer Admin Login

Get In Touch

Client Portal Login

Subscribe to our Newsletter